Date: May 2021
The type of personal information we collect
Depending upon your use of our site, we may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal information:
- date of birth
- business / company name
- job title
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- financial information such as credit or debit card numbers
- IP address
- web browser type and version
- operating system
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our site, and the site you exit to where applicable.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have emailed us directly
- You have provided details using the Contact Us Form
- You have contacted us using the telephone number provided
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Personalise and tailor your experience on our site
- Supplying our services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you)
- Personalise and tailor our services for you
- Reply to emails from you
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe button or emailing us with an instruction to remove you from the circulation list)
- Market research
- Analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
We do not share this information with third parties. On occasions when we do share your information you will be notified prior. For example, passing on your name and address for delivery of promotional materials.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
How we store your personal information
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
In the case of the supply of services to you, for the duration of the contract between us and up a maximum of 6 years after the expiry of the contract or after the last occasion on which we provided a service to you, unless you indicate that you would like the data to be deleted sooner
In the case of email newsletters, until such time as you withdraw your consent to receive them.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Laura Ellis-Woodley at email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07912603057 if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk